Refugee students who will begin their first semester at Ruhr-Universität next summer semester 2023 are eligible to apply.
The following residence titles are recognised:
- Those with residence according
- §22 AufenthG
- §23 Abs. 1,2,4 AufenthG
- §23a AufenthG
- §24 AufenthG
- §25 Abs 1-5 AufenthG
- Those with a settlement permit (Niederlassungserlaubnis) according to §26 AufenthG
- Family members (parents, children, spouses) of those with recognised asylum and refugees according to the Geneva Convention and those entitled to subsidiary protection, if they can additionally prove the residence title of the original beneficiary (the family member who entered the country first) according to
- §29, §30, §31, §32, §34 Abs. 1 and 2 and §36 AufenthG
- Those with tolerated status (temporary suspension of deportation - Duldung according to §60a AufenthG)
- Only foreign students (i.e. persons who have not acquired their higher education entrance qualification in Germany) are eligible for funding.
- No more than five years must have passed since entering Germany, in exceptional cases seven years. We ask this in the online questionnaire of the application portal.