- PROMOS can support stays of at least four weeks and up to a maximum of six months for the purpose of completion of a thesis.
- This PROMOS funding is solely intended for the purpose of completion of a final thesis and not the participation in courses at a foreign host university.
- Possible PROMOS funding will be examined on a case-by-case basis if the applicant plans to receive additional monetary compensation for their research stay. In this case, it is possible that only a mobility grant may be awarded.
- Unfortunately, stays abroad for the purpose of completing a doctoral (PhD) thesis cannot be funded.
- Medical students who are doing their doctorate during their studies can exceptionally be funded via PROMOS.
- According to DAAD regulations, international degree-seeking RUB students can be funded in all subprogrammes, as long as they do not intend to stay in their home country. However, exceptions may apply within the RUB PROMOS programme to international students who are completing a stay abroad in their home country to do research for their final thesis.