- Study-related internships can be funded from a duration of six weeks up to a maximum of three months.
- If you wish to intern in international organisations (e.g. at UNO), EU institutions or organisations administering EU programmes, in diplomatic representations of Germany, German Humanities Institutes Abroad, at Goethe Institut, the German Archaeological Institute or German schools abroad (DAS) you still need to apply directly at the DAAD. Internships at DSD and Fit schools can be funded through PROMOS.
- Internships that have been arranged by the organisations IAESTE, AIESEC, bvmd, ZAD and ELSA can be funded through the DAAD with travel allowances.
- Paid internships: Applications of students who receive a salary will be checked separately. If the applicant receives a renumeration for their internship, as the case may be, only the PROMOS travel allowance might be granted. Each case will be considered individually.
- Erasmus internships: Usually, traineeships with a minimum length of two months that are carried out in one of the Erasmus countries can be funded within the Erasmus programme. Further information on the Erasmus internship programme