Ruhr-Universität Bochum (RUB) students can receive Erasmus funding if they have been selected by their faculty/department for an Erasmus study stay abroad.
- Tuition fee waiver at the host university
- Financial grants for the duration of the study stay abroad, rates depend on the destination country
- Linguistic, organisational and cultural support from the International Office in the preparation and implementation of the study stay abroad
- If applicable, an online language course funded by Erasmus as part of Online Linguistic Support (OLS)
- If applicable, additional grants for special needs
- If required: academic credit transfer/recognition
Subsidies towards costs of living abroad
Erasmus students do not pay tuition fees at their host university and receive a financial contribution from their home university towards their study stay abroad. This grant is intended to cover the extra costs incurred by the stay abroad. The Erasmus participating countries are divided into three groups. The following grant rates will be paid for a study stay in the academic years 2023/24
- Group 1 (high cost of living): €600/month
Denmark, Finland, Republic of Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom
- Group 2 (medium cost of living): €540/month
Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain
- Group 3 (lower cost of living): €490/month
Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Republic of Northern Macedonia, Turkey
Social Top Up: Special support for students with special needs
Participants with fewer opportunities receive 250 Euros per month in addition to the regular Erasmus funding rates.
Grants towards travel costs
Top up for green travel: It is possible to apply for additional funding for green travel. If you plan to travel to and from your host university using environmentally friendly means of transport (train, bus or carpooling), you can apply for additional funding of a one-time amount of €50 for your planned green travel. In addition, you can also receive up to four additional funding days to cover an extended arrival and departure. To apply for the Erasmus Top-up for Green Travel, please upload the honorary declaration on "Green Travel" (Erasmus+) when applying for the Erasmus grant online.