International Office
Studierende schreibt in Vorlesung
Studierende sitzt im Hörsaal und schreibt mit

Step 3: Check university entrance qualification

To study at Ruhr University you need a recognised higher education entrance qualification, which is verified by the Admissions Office.

What is the higher education entrance qualification?

Your higher education entrance qualification is your school leaving certificate or a degree you have either already started or completed. In order to be able to study at Ruhr University, you must provide proof of a higher education entrance qualification that is recognised in Germany. On the DAAD website or at anabin you will find further information and databases that provide you with information on the recognition of your higher education entrance qualification.

You can also contact the Admissions Office with questions about your qualifications.

Contact Admissions Office

Applicant hotline
Phone: +49 234 3226644

Consultations possible in German and English
Monday - Thursday: 9 am - 4 pm
Friday: 9 am - 2 pm



If you do not have a sufficient university entrance qualification, you cannot apply directly, but must first take an "assessment test". At a Studienkolleg you can prepare for this in a one-year course. Studienkolleg Bochum prepares you for technical subjects.

To Studienkolleg Bochum

Step-by-Step guide

Studierende in einem Seminar

For many degree programmes at the Ruhr University you need good German language skills.

Internetseite Bewerbungsportal der RUB

Apply online via the the Admissions Office's application portal.

Your path to studying
Back to Overview
To top