- Only teaching staff can apply for PROMOS funding for field trips.
- Field trips can be funded by PROMOS from a minimum of 5 up to a maximum of 15 students and/or PhD candidates and from a minimum of 5 up to a maximum of 12 days (including travel days).
- The trip must be accompanied by at least one supervisor. She or he can also be funded.
- In exceptional cases, organised field trips with a duration of up to 30 days that include attendance of courses at one of RUB's partner university can also be funded.
- In addition to imparting subject-related knowledge and providing an insight into the host country, the focus should be on meeting students and academics.
- Funding for compulsory excursions and measures that have already been carried out is excluded. Likewise, trips with a predominantly touristic programme and lecture and congress trips are not eligible for funding.
- Non-German RUB students can be sponsored if they are enrolled with the aim of obtaining a degree at RUB.
- Field trips in their home country, or the country in which the student has predominantly resided for at least five years. are excluded for non-German students.