International Office
Studierende auf RUB Campus
Studierende auf RUB Campus

As a Freemover to the RUB

If your university does not have an exchange agreement with the Ruhr University Bochum (RUB), but you would still like to study at our university for one or two semesters, you can apply as a freemover. The relevant faculty decides on a case-by-case basis whether to accept a student as a Freemover.

As a Freemover to the RUB

To apply as a Freemover to the Ruhr University Bochum, please send the following documents as a PDF to

  • Letter of motivation
  • Curriculum vitae in German or English in Europass format
  • List of subjects and grades of your previous studies (Transcript of Records)
  • Language certificate: German (at least level B2) for a german course of study or English (at least level B2) for an english course of study
  • Current certificate of study from your home university

Once we have received your documents, we will forward them to the respective faculty and inform you in due time whether we can accept you as a Freemover.

Application deadlines:

  • for the summer term: 15 December
  • for the winter term: 15 June

Programmes of Study of Ruhr-University Bochum

Here you can find the study programmes offered by the Ruhr-University Bochum.

Please indicate the subject of your choice in your application.

The course catalogue

You can find all courses offered at RUB via the course catalogues. An overview of the RUB course catalogues is available here.

Other exchange possibilities

Studierende mit Laptop

Are you interested in doing an internship at the Ruhr University Bochum?


Are you interested in studying through a global exchange agreement?

To top