Events and Excursions: Summer Semester 2017
Visit to Bochum‘s Maiabendfest, 29th April 2017, 3:30 PM
Bochum’s Maiabendfest is a festival with more than 600 years of tradition! In 1388 Lord Engelbert III. von der Mark founded this festival as a sign of his gratitude towards Bochum’s citizens. Every last April weekend this tradition is celebrated with hustle and bustle and parades in Bochum’s city and in Bochum Harpen. This year we will join the festival in the city centre on the last Saturday of April. In a blue and white decorated surrounding you will also have the opportunity of tasting local brews and the regional Currywurst.
Meeting point: Big Bell in front of Bochum’s Rathaus
Registration by: 21st of April 2017 in person in the International Lounge or via our registration form.
Eligible to participate are international researchers and Ph.D. students and their family.
Other Events and Excursions
- Tour of the Stadium Schalke 04, 30th APR 2017, 10:30 AM
Football tournament for researchers, May
- Bus and Boat-Tour of Bochum, 7th of May 2017 / 4th Jun 2017, 11:45 AM
Visit to Zeche Zollverein UNESCO World Heritage, 13th May 2017, 10:30 AM
- International Pro Evolution Soccer 17 Tournament, 18th May 2017, 5:00 PM
- Understanding Germany: An Intercultural Training, 18th Jun 2017, 10:00 AM
- Day trip to Cologne, 24th Jun 2017, 9:30 AM
- Summer Reception of the Rectorate, 20th July 2017, 5:00 PM
- Walk through the Botanical Garden, 10th Aug 2017, 5:00 PM