International Office
Besprechung Dokument
Besprechung Dokument


You are attending a German course at the Ruhr-University and would like to work during the holidays?

A Ferienbescheinigung confirms the time off between two German courses or a German course and a language exam. The International Office issues certificates for German course participants at Interculturas or the Department of German as a Foreign Language. To obtain a holiday certificate, please send the following documents as PDF files to

  • the certificate of attendance at the last German course
  • the registration for the next German course or language exam
  • your residence title (front and back)

Another important note: As soon as you have passed a recognized language examination (e.g. TestDaF, DHS II or III, telc C1 Hochschule) for studying, the International Office can no longer issue you with a Ferienbescheinigung, as you fulfil the requirements for studying. You can be permitted to work again after registering as student.

To top